Memphis Wrongful Death Attorney
Psychologists and other mental health professionals agree: the death of a beloved family member is one of the most traumatic events we can experience. The grief, sadness, anger, and the plethora of other emotions that often accompany these events are only compounded when our loved one’s death occurs unexpectedly through the careless and negligent actions of another person. We know that a successful lawsuit is unable to bring our loved ones back; however, it can be comforting to know that the person or party responsible for causing our loved one’s death is held accountable for his or her actions and we are not left to pay the expenses incurred by the deceased’s death.
In light of the above, has a family member or spouse been fatally injured by the careless or reckless actions of another person? The experienced team of Tennessee wrongful death lawyers at Douglass & Runger, PLLC, Attorneys at Law, may be able to assist you in recovering financial compensation for the loss you and your family has experienced. Contact them today to learn more about your legal options.
What is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- A husband can bring a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of his wife and vice versa;
- The executor or administrator of an estate can bring a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the deceased;
- An adult child can bring a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of his or her parents; and/or
- The parents or a sibling over the age of 18 years old of the deceased can bring a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the deceased.
What Compensation is Available Through a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
A wrongful death lawsuit is primarily brought on behalf of the deceased and for the deceased’s benefit; therefore, the type of compensation available will depend in large part on what injuries and losses the deceased sustained prior to his or her death. Compensation is available for:
- Medical expenses and hospital bills incurred before death;
- Pain and suffering while conscious before death;
- Funeral and burial expenses;
- Loss of enjoyment of life between the time of the injury and the time of death;
- Lost wages between the time of the injury and the time of death; and/or
- The “pecuniary value” of the deceased’s life.
No two wrongful death cases are alike; therefore, it is of vital importance that you consult with a Memphis wrongful death attorney to learn what compensation might be available based upon the unique facts and circumstances of your loved one’s death.
Why You Need Seasoned Legal Representation Now
Presenting a wrongful death lawsuit is difficult
Trust the experienced Memphis wrongful death lawyers of Douglass & Runger, Attorneys at Law, to assist you during this difficult time. We will guide you through every step of the process – from the initial filing of your lawsuit to the trial and beyond – so that you and your family are able to grieve and mourn the loss of your loved one. Contact Douglass & Runger, Attorneys at Law, by calling (901) 388-5805 now to discuss your case with one of our knowledgeable wrongful death lawyers.