Can I Recover for Medical Bills and Pain & Suffering if I was hit by an Uninsured Motorist

In this video attorney Curt Runger answers the question of if you recover for medical bills and pain + suffering if you were hit by an uninsured motorist. View the video below or see the transcript to hear Curt’s explanation for this frustrating topic.


Hi my name is Curt Runger and I’m an attorney in Memphis, Tennessee and I help my clients recover money damages. When they are involved in car or trucking accident cases. One of the biggest myths that is out there in the general public is this. I was in a car wreck. The other person who hit me and who was at fault did not have automobile insurance and therefore I’m just totally screwed and I cannot recover for my personal injuries. That is not always the case that is a myth, in a lot of situations. So, if this happened to you. Let’s say you’re driving down the street. On a sunny Saturday afternoon mine you’re in business, and some negligent driver who’s not paying attention to what they’re doing slammed into the back of your car, you get out survey the damage. Call the police, and then find out that this Yahoo did not have car insurance, but you’re hurt. That does not necessarily mean that you are without recourse. So, in Tennessee. If you have what’s called uninsured motorist coverage or under uninsured motorist coverage is typically referred to as you I am coverage, then you can still recover for your medical bills and pain and suffering that you sustained in a wreck. Even though the person who hit you didn’t have insurance and they were at fault. So that’s a myth. So, if you actually are renewing your automobile insurance, dealing with your insurance people make sure that you have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage because you need it in a market like Memphis, Tennessee, where we have a bunch of uninsured motorists driving around. If you have any questions about your car or trucking accident claim give me a call at 901-388-5805 I’d be happy to talk to you. Once again, my name is Kurt monger My number is 901-388-5805. Thanks.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to call Curt or his team at Douglass & Runger, PLLC at (901) 388-5805 relating to other questions about personal injury law.

Can I Recover for Medical Bills and Pain & Suffering if I was hit by an Uninsured MotoristHD 1080p from Curt Runger on Vimeo.


Let Us Help

For more information about our firm and our approach, contact our office. Call (901) 388-5805 to schedule a confidential consultation and case review today. Douglass & Runger, Attorneys at Law, serve clients throughout Memphis, Shelby County, and the surrounding areas.

Request Case Consultation

Practice Areas